Ingenico ePayments IT Operations Center delivers core products to Business Customers and Merchants. As part of the Operations Center the Operations Engineer is responsible for operational Incident Management processes and system monitoring for online & offline processes.
Core WOC Deliverables:
- Monitoring and first line support for incidents and problems
- Operational Incident management(Coordinate and communicate all Incidents appropriately and effectively).
- First line fault resolution
- Respond to Requests for Ad-hoc reporting and execute Standard Changes
- KPI reporting
Deliverables / Tasks
- Monitor online systems and reporting incidents immediately.
- First line troubleshooting
- Monitor offline batch processes and systems
- Create and coordinate incident tickets(P1&P2).
- Create periodical KPI reports (peak volumes, uptime, system usage, Management Reports)
- Develop in-depth Product Knowledge in order to resolve incidents
- Arrange and conduct conference call meetings/ Incident war-room with attendees from all levels of the organization and merchants to obtain necessary data. Manage communication towards business during Major Incidents via email, phone
- Manage Merchant Calls for 24/7 Merchants Services Support at weekends and on public holidays (all locations)
- Maintain and update monitoring alerts
- Stand-in for Senior Operations Engineers in case of absence or when required
- Client Driven / Customer focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with individuals with all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets (i.e. Developers, Project Managers, external Customers/Suppliers & VP’s)
- Consistent attention to detail
- Helicopter view
- Experience with analyzing incidents and troubleshooting
- Ability to flag issues
- Stress resistance
- Self development
- Team working mentality
- Proactive identification of trends/events
- Relevant experience in IT Operations or Monitoring Operations(NOC) team is a must.
Other significant role requirements
- 24x7 availability and willing to work in shifts
- Fluency in English (written & verbal)
- Experience in working in a 24x7 environment
- Experience in managing P1/P2 incidents
To all recruitment agencies: Ingenico ePayments does not, in any circumstance, accept unsolicited resumes from agencies or any other party. Please do not forward resumes to Ingenico employees or any other affiliated persons. Ingenico ePayments is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Experience with Monitoring tooling.
- Basic Network troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of (Oracle)SQL
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Apache Tomcat and Oracle Weblogic
- Basic understanding of Shell, Bash and PL/SQL scripting
- Awareness of Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards associated with the current role (e.g. : safety standards, departmental programming standards, organizational network performance standards, service desk procedures and corporate quality).
- ITIL understanding with emphasis on incident management. IITIL certification is preferred.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel