Purpose of the role
The Product Owner is responsible for the product roadmap, product life cycle and managing the product backlog in order to maximize the value of product delivery. This fundamental role in product deliveries is in close collaboration with other functions such as Market owner. You are the expert on your product portfolio and use your knowledge and drive for designing and delivering new or upgraded products or functionalities within your portfolio.
Deliverables / Tasks
- Prioritize the product backlog (across Ingenico ePayments Platforms) and manage the product lifecycle based on different input:
- Input from market, verticals and Ingenico product strategy which is quantified by Product managers
- Input from specific merchants which is quantified by Product managers and Sales
- Scheme, acquirer and PCI compliance which is provided by various internal stakeholders in coordination with product manager and partner management
- Product improvements, enhancements and bugs
- Operational improvements (e.g. cost reduction, improving conversion)
- Contribute to the production and maintenance of business cases
- Define and own the product functionalities and convert them into a Product Roadmap for own area and technical specifications
- Provide the business lead with information to prioritize the business initiatives in order to manage the dependencies within and across tribes pro-actively.
- Lead your squad(s) :
- Create Epics and user stories
- Educate the squad(s) by means of providing functional information and context on what needs to be delivered and why
- Align epics and user stories with other Product Owners to safeguard cross-squad or cross-tribe epic deliveries to manage dependencies and ensure deliveries.
- Validate User Stories with stakeholders (like for instance Client Operations)
- Work with the squad(s) to translate the User Stories into Tasks (dev, QA, UAT, etc.)
- Work with the squad to define content of sprints and take responsibility for the content of the sprint
- Work with the squad to achieve the best possible velocity.
- Implement product deliveries to the organization:
- Provide all relevant internal documentation and knowledge on the delivered product to Operations (Merchant Services, Merchant boarding, etc), in such a way that they are able to create training material and work with the product
- Provide functional product demonstrations to relevant stakeholders that are impacted by the deliveries.
Critical Competencies - skills and abilities required for the role
- Knowledge of Airline and Travel vertical and preferably also of payments processing (international acquiring, role PSP).
- Able to work in a role that combines both strategic and operational tasks in a highly dynamic organization
- Take a pragmatic and professional approach, being constructive and solution driven appropriate solutions in the best interest of the business
- Strong analytical skills, able to effectively process and structure large amounts of information
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels in the organization, including senior management
- Quick learner; able to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing and demanding environment
- Ability to manage own time, workload and conflicting priorities
- A natural leader that creates support and is comfortable in taking decisions based on input from stakeholders and product vision
- A strong team player, who supports the team and puts team and business objectives first
- Self-starting. Showing drive and initiatives that supports the business goals.
Other significant role requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of Experience as Product Owner (for a medior)
- Depending on product portfolio:
- Up to date knowledge about payment service provider industry & payment landscape
- Relevant working experience in the payments or & tech industry.
- Certified as Product Owner
- Graduated at least at bachelor level
- A good understanding of the Agile Method and the scrum framework
- Willing and able to travel occasionally
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written).
- Fulltime availability strongly preferred, minimum requirement of working 32 hours. Due to the high level of interaction between the squat/tribe members, structurally working from home is not desired.
- Experienced user of Agile tooling (e.g. Jira, Confluence)