As our new Go Developer, you will be part of one of the squads in the FinOps tribe. The squad consists of a selection of highly skilled individuals such as yourself, including back-office developers, test automation engineers, technical application engineers and a product owner.
Your squad will be working on a transformation program aiming to change the technology stack of the current Back Office towards a new and modern technology and architecture: Based on an evolutionary architecture, that processes payments near-realtime via API’s and events.
You and your squad will be responsible for the full development lifecycle and you will be working in an agile environment, using Scrum. You are expected to exercise an agile mind-set, with a focus on continuous improvement and short feedback loops.
You will be building and deploying the applications using build and deployment pipelines, so you are expected to have experience with Jenkins.
Your excellent communication skills and team and result oriented attitude will be needed for the frequent calls with teams located in other Ingenico offices, and for collaborating with different stakeholders: at Ingenico we all collaborate to deliver the best solutions to our customers. This means everyone from engineering, product, business and operations work closely together on a daily basis.
Your squad is located in the Ingenico Netherlands office, in the Amsterdam area.
Qualifications, skills, experience:
Interpersonal / soft skills:
- Bachelor in Computer Science, IT Engineering or Information Systems;
- At least 5 years of working experience in complex environments in a similar position, with an excellent track record;
- At least 2 years building webservices and systems in Go Programming Language
- At least the same amount of experience developing in another statically typed language
- Thorough knowledge of basic protocols: HTTP, TCP, DNS
- Good understanding of databases (Postgresql, Cassandra, CouchDB, InfluxDB, MS SQL)
- Good understanding of streaming technologies (Kafka, Spark)
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum);
- Experience with GIT, CICD tools, Jira and Confluence;
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing.
- Unix (RedHat 7) and Shell scripting knowledge is a plus;
- Experience with continuous integration tools (such as Bamboo or Jenkins) is an advantage;
- Experience working in a DevOps environment is considered an advantage;
- Experience in the financial industry and/or e-commerce business is an advantage;
- Availability 40 hours per week
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership;
- Good team player and communicator with a flexible, customer-driven attitude;
- Agile / Lean attitude and mindset;
- Believe in daily improvement, easily adapt to change and have fun while doing it;
- Work well independently and within a team;
- Ambition to grow through experience, curiosity to understand new technologies;
- Ability to work cross-culturally and across regions
- English - excellent verbal and written communication skills (working language)