HR Operations Manager
Reporting to the HR Director Global Online and the Netherlands, the Human Resources (HR) Operations Manager is responsible for the effective and consistent coordination and implementation of HR processes, functions and procedures and monitors HR operations projects and workflow. On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgment on establishing departmental operation goals, standards, policies and procedures.
In your function, your responsibilities will include:
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates the operations and activities related to the Human Resources (HR) operations, including managing a team of 3-5 specialists.
• Supports HR staff to resolve HR operations escalations, interpret HR policies and procedures and recommends effective courses of action.
• Provides leadership in coordinating the operations activities of the HR Department to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, policies, regulations and collective bargaining agreements.
• Responsible for accurate and timely Payroll for the Netherlands and the overseas entities.
• Acts as local champion of local and Group HRIS.
• Responsible for managing the relationship with vendors offering services to our HR Operations team.
• Acts as local champion of Dutch Labor Law and maintains close relationship with overseas HR on overseas labor law.
• Advises the HR Director and HR Generalists on Dutch Worker’s Council matters.
• Identifies optimal solutions that meet the needs of the HR functions by recommending process improvements, system enhancements and alternatives based on specific needs.
• Provides leadership and oversees employee information collection, analysis and reporting; supervises the input of data and ensures data quality and integrity.
• Responsible for preparing, entering and monitoring HR departmental budget.
• Coordinates yearly processes including year-end closing, contract rollovers, yearly rate and pay schedule adjustments, work year calendars, staffing, etc.
• Plays a key role in the annual HR lifecycle processes such as salary and bonus adjustments, in collaboration with local and Group C&B and local HR management.
• Serves as escalation point to HR staff and management, as well as central point of contact for interdepartmental projects and communications related to HR operations.
• 8+ years’ experience in HR, out of which 3 years in a leading role within an HR Operations department, preferably within a Global organization.
• Ability to translate HR operational needs and requirements to others.
• Demonstrated success in process optimization.
• Advanced knowledge of Dutch Labor Law.
• Experience in advising HR management on Dutch Worker’s Council matters.
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong experience in managing payroll.
• Experience in working with HRIS systems such as AFAS and SAP SuccessFactors.
• Experience in implementing SuccessFactors is a plus.
• Basic experience in Compensation and Benefits (C&B).
• People management skills.
• Written and spoken command of Dutch.
• Fluency in English.