Who we are
Ingenico is a global leader in the fintech market, with more than three decades of experience. Its footprint gives scale to projects and talents. Innovation is part of our DNA and our diverse community of experts keep anticipating the evolution of commerce worldwide. We are shaping the future of payments.
What you’ll do
Your main responsibility is to provide technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases and assisting in the implementation of new technologies. Your main focus will be to ensure that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. Together with your colleagues you will work to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives.
Challenges offered by our business environment:
- Take the availability, integrity, security & recoverability of Ingenico’s infrastructure as a personal objective, assure it is compliant with our business requirements and SLA and propose and/or execute solutions/evolutions
- Carry out standard operational and maintenance tasks and perform failovers/disaster recovery with the team
- Identify and troubleshoot performance issues and optimize where possible
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of production applications including working with business applications teams, technical support and operations teams, and infrastructure teams during the design, development and implementation of applications
- Identify the latest trends and technologies that might fit with our environment and its requirements and develop POCs to present to the team
- Empower standardization in our environment and perform automation of operational tasks where possible
- Contribute to projects related to both our local and global environments with a focus on increasing performance, availability and scalability of our infrastructure
- Monitor security and system events and take appropriate action in case of incident including taking part in the off-hours monitoring rotation of the environment
- Provide reporting (daily/monthly/yearly) on our infrastructure performance and be able to perform proactive trend-analysis and growth forecasting based on indicators given by your management
- Writing documentation of internal DB processes, designs and proposals.
Who you are
- Ensuring the compliance of our infrastructure with the highest level of security imposed by our sensitive business activities and industry standards (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards),
- Sizing the infrastructure while foreseeing the growth of the number of transactions processed by our payment services platform (>50% yearly) and of the number of services provided,
- Planning the capacity of our infrastructure for the next 3 years, under specific and complex constraints, to sustain unattended and sudden peaks of transactions (web ticketing sales, online donation, e-commerce limited-in-time promotions…)
- Keeping our platform constantly up-to-date while respecting the ‘zero down-time’ expectations of our worldwide spread customer base, tolerating no ‘system maintenance’ even during night or week-end.
- Building a Database as a Service for our local and global business customers.
- Higher education in IT/Engineering or equivalent by experience
- At least 5years of experience in IT, with the last 2-3 years spent as DBA in the operational management and evolution of an IT infrastructure in a mission critical environment with 24/7/365 availability requirements
- Passionate about new technologies with proven experience in implementing innovation projects on DB infrastructure
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving ability and stress resistant capability
- Mature, accountable and flexible
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have a good track record of working in teams
- Familiar with ITIL process (ideally certified – Knowledge around Problem and risk management are a most)
- You have experience in some Devops operating model
- You can work independently and are not afraid to take decisions
- You are accepting to be part of an on duty rotation system for production support.
What is in it for you
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Used to work in project context, to propose realistic plannings and respect them
- A proven experience in the Database Administration :
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2016 (Operational matters and maintenance Clustering, Replication, Logshipping, AlwaysOn, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL developing…)
- HP and EMC storages : knowledge of enterprise storage systems, able to perform storage performance testing
- Performance tuning on SQL servers
- PowerShell scripting skills
- Practical experience working with an IT Service Management framework like ITIL
- Taking part in shaping the future of payments!
- A permanent contract with strong, competitive salary package, linked to profile and experience
- Joining a company with a strong diversified and multicultural environment
- To become the best version of yourself, we put a strong emphasis on personal growth with trainings, coaching and internal mobility
To all recruitment agencies: Ingenico does not, in any circumstance, accept unsolicited resumes from agencies or any other party. Please do not forward resumes to Ingenico employees or any other affiliated persons. Ingenico is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.