|Purpose of the role
Our Transaction Monitoring Specialist team is responsible for protecting Ingenico ePayments (IeP) from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling and mitigating risks. Risk types related to Anti-Financial Crime are consolidated in a comprehensive risk management framework that covers Anti-Money-Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery & Corruption.
|Deliverables / Tasks
The Transaction Monitoring Contractor is responsible for helping the current team with monitoring unusual transactions for Money Laundering. The Transaction Risk contractor is charged with covering IeP’s anti-money laundering (AML) activities, including:
· Reviewing alerts through the Ingenico ePayments AML software and identifying reportable transactions and ensuring timely, accurate filing of all required reports including Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), Unusual Activity Reports.
· Identifying patterns and trends consistent with money laundering and terrorist financing, and flag any suspicious activities detected
· Keeping accurate records and logging all work to ensure stakeholders have all necessary information available in a timely manner.
· Confirming potential AML and terrorist financing cases for referral to the Dutch National Bank (DNB) and the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) for pattern analysis.
· Escalating issues as appropriate for advanced investigation and analysis
· Identifying and analyzing customers and accounts for suspicious/unusual activity and compile complete accurate documentation of the suspicious activity
· Making recommendations to file or not file suspicious activity reports, as appropriate; ensure complete documentation is secured and maintained as required by law
· Ensuring that deadlines for all BSA/AML related report submissions are met
For this function, we need a talented individual with both good analytical and technical skills and the ability to communicate effectively. As candidate you match following requirements:
· Minimum bachelor degree or equivalent
· Previous working experience in the financial industry within compliance, legal, audit or a regulatory function
· AML monitoring knowledge and experience
· Previous experience in queue work
· Ability to define, refine, execute, and manage data
· Self-motivated and able to thrive in a team environment
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
· Well-organized, flexible, proactive, and with an eye for detail
· Stakeholder management skills (vertical and horizontal)
· Excellent investigative and analytical skills
· Recommending product enhancements
· Strong communication skills, able to build strong relationships with other teams and outside stakeholders
|Other significant role requirements
· Must be able to prepare documents and compose business letters and memorandums
· Fluent English in word and writing (business level competency)
· Availability to work 5 days a week
· AML Certification preferred
· Experience as an AML investigator in a surveillance monitoring capacity strongly preferred
· Advanced MS Excel, including pivot tables, filtering, and sorting, creating formulas, and performing data analysis
· Advanced knowledge of effective internet search techniques