Head of Deal Pricing
Purpose of role
As the Head of the Global Deal Pricing Team in the Global Online business line of Ingenico Retail, you will lead a team to support and execute on pricing strategies by providing guidance and deal approvals to the Sales and Product teams. Working cross-functionally in the company, you will use a value-based pricing approach to help develop forward-thinking pricing strategies that optimize revenue and profitability and drive margin expansion for Global Online. We're looking for an energetic professional who is passionate about improving pricing and its processes and making a difference.
• Lead deal pricing by providing guidance & analytics to Sales in the contract negotiation of financial and business terms. Requires modelling, sensitivity analysis and negotiation support for business partners including alignment with multiple internal partners. Coordinate and finalize financial terms in legal contracts.
• Provide thought leadership and business case development for new merchant value propositions and volume expansion opportunities.
• Lead our price to value and pricing processes by coordinating inputs with Sales, Control/Finance, Product and Pricing Optimization & Payment Performance teams to manage revenue
• Ensure pricing and invoicing processes are efficient and accurate, providing auditable processes.
• Support merchants and Sales by identifying profit improvement opportunities during deal negotiations and merchant consultation. This can include optimizing transaction acceptance rates via use of various acquirers and identifying boarding entities to lower interchange, scheme fees or other transaction processing costs.
• Collect and analyze competitor pricing strategies - including price points, pricing structures, discounting, and other offerings/programs. Provide a holistic assessment to evaluate threats or opportunities impacting pricing strategies. Provide updates to internal business partners on competitive pricing practices to develop knowledge & understanding. Promotion of a profitability mindset across the organization through trainings and workshops.
• Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to build relationships, a good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities and a natural, effective consultative style
• Strongly analytical with background on payments, including payment processing, credit card interchange and other international payment methods.
• Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively to both peers and senior executive levels.
• Solution oriented with the ability to operate in a highly complex cross-functional and matrixed organization structure to drive direction, decision making, and priorities.
• Client service mindset for internal & external clients. Strong team player with a positive, can-do attitude who regularly volunteers to assist partners/colleagues and take on additional responsibilities, even when it lies outside traditional boundaries.
• Hold an MBA or advanced degree in Business, Economics or Finance.