Purpose of the role
As Global Online Strategy Analyst, you will support the preparation of regular as well as ad-hoc presentations to various internal and external stakeholders. This requires strong collaboration with leaders and stakeholders across the wider Global Online organization and Ingenico Group.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for conducting a solid analysis of market, industry verticals and competitor trends that shape the payments and eCommerce industry to maintain our strong competitive and market intelligence.
In this position you will further support the tracking and reporting of key strategic initiatives for the Global Online organization and wider Retail business unit.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Deliverables / Tasks
• Prepare quarterly presentations for the Audit & Risk Committee and the Global Collect Services BV Supervisory Board and coordinate the input from various stakeholders
• Establish the monthly KPI summary for the Global Collect Services BV business in close collaboration with the Finance & Control team and other stakeholders
• Support ad-hoc analysis for various internal & external presentations by liaising with Group Strategy and other internal & external parties
• Conduct market, industry verticals and competitor research to stay on top of trends and new developments and business opportunities
• Assess and maintain competitive intelligence of business models of our global peers
• Provide strategy training sessions for new joiners to bring them quickly up to speed
• Assist in the development of frameworks & financial modelling that support the enhancement of strategies and prioritization of projects
• Support the tracking of progress updates of key strategic initiatives and help with the reporting to respective Steering Committees
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
• Strong inter-personal and communications skills, as part of information-gathering, consensus-building around potential solutions, and “buy-in” of recommendations to key stakeholders;
• Ability to handle multiple projects with a wide variety of topics and business priorities in parallel
• Ability to quickly assess an opportunity’s potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience
• Minimum bachelor degree in Business Administration or similar education
• Minimum experience: 2-3 years in business strategy consulting, financial services or related industry with an understanding of the payments industry
• Ability to translate analytical data into financial models used for business strategy decisions
• Strong analytical and market research skills with the ability to assess a broad set of quantitative and qualitative issues in parallel, synthesize this information into key points and priorities, and make recommendations.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to structure complex information in a condensed and efficient manner for management
• Proven ability and flexibility to support a range of stakeholders, often in parallel and within a shifting set of priorities
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, and build strong, trusted relationships with key stakeholders