Objective of the team
Main responsibilities of the WOC are monitoring and platform support, managing and tracking incidents and problems to ensure quick resolution.
Purpose of the role
The Ingenico ePayments 24x7x365 World Operations Centre (WOC) team is using different monitoring systems to ensure platform stability to enable Ingenico ePayments to provide best in class customer experience.
The Operations Support Systems Engineer ensures availability and continuous improvement/quality of services by providing 2nd & 3rd line operations and maintenance support for the OSS services and platforms/applications/solutions.
Deliverables / Tasks
- Provide engineering support on the Ingenico ePayments monitoring systems and tooling
- Design, integration, verification & acceptance and troubleshooting monitoring tooling
- Housekeeping of the OSS systems to ensure they are performing within specifications and fully optimized
- Develop and maintain correlation rules.
- Reduce need for manual intervention and increase productivity of the technical teams
- Delivering useful and comprehensive reporting relating to monitoring and Event Management for Management and Auditing
- Delivery of comprehensive monitoring documentation
- Ensuring that when changes are made to the IT estate and extra monitoring is required, that these requirements are included in the project deliverables
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- High level of responsibility
- Proactive / Initiative / Innovative
- Ability to work under pressure and a flexible attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Result driven
- Well-developed analytical skills and being accurate
- Team player
- Customer focus
Other significant role requirements
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent level gained by experience, in Information Technology/Telecommunications/Data communications engineering
- Have thorough development experience with Python & Java.
- Experience with ICT operations and maintenance support in a 24x7 environment
- Experience with implementing and maintaining monitoring systems like Zabbix, Sensu, Nagios, HP Openview, Netcool or Open NMS
- Experience with configuring & maintaining systems like Elastic Search and Grafana
- Tier2/Tier 3 Troubleshooting experience on Java based applications running on Linux OS.
- Must have fluent verbal and written English skills, Dutch preferred
- Awareness of Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards associated with the role. Examples: safety standards, departmental programming standards, organizational network performance standards, service desk procedures, corporate quality and ITIL
- Preferable experience with implementation and maintenance of APM tooling like Dynatrace, New Relic or Appdynamics
- Experience with automation with tooling like Nolio, Puppet, Ansible, Fabric etc.
- Basic Network trouble shooting e.g. Traceroute, ping & telnet.
- Knowledge of PHP, SQL, REST and SNMP
- Awareness of Operating Infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) used within the organization.
- Experienced user knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience working within or alongside a Service Desk/NOC