Product Owner for our brand new data- and UX-related product
The Product Owner is responsible for guiding the direction of the product he/she is in charge of and managing the product backlog in order to maximize the value of product delivery.
This fundamental role in product deliveries is in close collaboration with the Product Manager of the tribe, as well as with other internal departments such as IT, client Ops, etc.
You will be in charge of defining and prioritizing the functional scope of a brand new data driven solution which helps Online merchants optimizing payment performance by delivering relevant insights by means of a seamless UX.
In other words, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of the team in charge of implementing the most promising product of our company! And this in a fun, highly-motivated and international environment!
Deliverables / Tasks
• Prioritize the product backlog and manage the product lifecycle based on different input:
o Input from the product manager and business tribe lead
o Input from specific merchants
o Scheme, acquirer and PCI compliance which is provided by various internal stakeholders
o Other Product improvements, enhancements and bugs
o Operational improvements (e.g. cost reduction, improving conversion)
• Contribute to the production and maintenance of business cases
• Define and own the product functionalities and convert them into a Product backlog and technical specifications
• Provide the business tribe lead with information to prioritize the business initiatives in order to manage the dependencies within and across tribes pro-actively.
• Lead your squad:
o Create user stories
o Educate and motivate the squad(s) by means of providing functional information and context on what needs to be delivered and why
o Align epics and user stories with other Product Owners to safeguard cross-squad or cross-tribe epic deliveries to manage dependencies and ensure deliveries
o Validate User Stories with stakeholders (for instance with Client Operations)
o Work with the squad to define content of sprints and take responsibility for the content of the sprint
o Work with the squad to achieve the best possible velocity.
• Implement product deliveries to the organization:
o Provide all relevant internal documentation and knowledge on the delivered product to Operations (Merchant Services, Merchant boarding, etc), in such a way that they are able to create training material and work with the product
o Provide functional product demonstrations to relevant stakeholders that are impacted by the deliveries
o Work closely with the technical writers to create and update documentation for your products
Critical Competencies - skills and abilities required for the role
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels in the organization, including senior management
• Quick learner; able to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing and demanding environment
• Ability to manage own time, workload and conflicting priorities
• Able to work in a role that combines both strategic and operational tasks in a highly dynamic organization
• Take a pragmatic and professional approach, being constructive and solution driven appropriate solutions in the best interest of the business
• Strong analytical skills, able to effectively process and structure large amounts of information
• A natural leader that creates support and is comfortable in taking decisions based on input from stakeholders and product vision
• A strong team player, who supports the team and puts team and business objectives first
• Self-starting. Showing drive and initiatives that supports the business goals.
• Minimum of 3 years of Experience as Product Owner or relevant product related knowledge
• Knowledge and experience in the data industry (merchant-facing reporting and BI solutions, machine learning and artificial intelligence) and/or UX is required
• Knowledge about payment service provider industry & payment landscape is a plus.
Other significant role requirements
• Certified as Product Owner
• Graduated at least at bachelor level
• A good understanding of the Agile Method and the scrum framework
• Willing and able to travel occasionally
• Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written)
• Fulltime availability strongly preferred, minimum requirement of working 32 hours. Due to the high level of interaction between the squat/tribe members, structurally working from home is not desired.
• Experienced user of Agile tooling (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
• Experience in defining web-based solutions as well as APIs